Thursday, 26 February 2015



Once upon a Fairy Tale  ...


Hello - I feel I just echoed that hello into the void! (Yep sums up my entire week, shouting into the void).  Ummm well you may have noticed that I have put my writing into hibernation. The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed I haven't been posting very regularly recently (ok-ok ... since last year to be more precise). I've found it challenging to justify posting and keeping the listings up-to-date when I could be spending the tiny scraps of time I get to myself actually writing stories, which is what I most want to do (but don't because that is the only moment I get any form of sleep). Frankly - I don't have much time as I have a lot of hurdles ahead of me and God-willing, it all works out.  

Well with that said, there is one thing I've been diligently preparing for - the final year BALL.  I am passionate about fairy tales (cringe, ok I shall go into hiding now that you all know I'm a sucker for fairy tales). Additionally you all know I'm passionate about the other types of fiction I read, I write and I edit too, and there have often been things I've wanted to post about most of which didn't really fit here (more specifically fairy tales, my boring life ... blah blah blah). 

So, over the last couple of months years I have been cautiously (and secretly) been preparing for the final year ball, meticulously, every detail thoroughly accounted for all except one very important detail ... yep Prince Charming. I don't have ONE (ok ... except for a potential Mr Charming but too scared to ask him to the ball?! ... impending fear of rejection?)

As we are on the subject of fairy tales, you may have seen the trailer of Kenneth Branagh adaptation of Cinderella which only adds further to my quest for perfection. I want everything about the evening of the Ball to be magical. There is something magical about wearing a gown. The swish of the fabric as you walk, especially in long floaty chiffon halter neck, it simply makes you feel - in one word: REGAL. I love that a long hemline forces you to pick the skirt up in true princess fashion as you ascend a staircase. Maybe it’s the little girl in me that saw “Cinderella” WAY-WAY-WAY-WAY too many times that found a way to pretend I’m in my own romantic fairytale? (face palm)

There are few times in life that we get to experience a "Cinderella Moment".  A moment like this involves being pampered with something special that provides an almost magical, dream-like quality.  I know that I cannot pin down all the ingredients necessary to create this unique and fairly rare experience.  A part of the magic ... the wonder of it is that it doesn't happen every day and for someone like me - probably NEVER. I don't want an EVER-AFTER - all I wish for is that Mr Charming is inclined and willing to attend the Ball, as a friend? If I were ever granted just the one wish in life then it would be this: the whole evening and night of the Ball with my dear friend? - before I move to a new city and start the next chapter of my life.













Sincerely, I hope you all find your Cinderella Moment.

xoxo

Fia



No comments:

Post a Comment